Currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Telephone Survey Interviewer
Cannon Survey Center (CSC), housed within the Division of Educational Outreach, has served the university and the state of Nevada since 1977. CSC provides the management, staff, and facilities required to collect data for telephone, internet, in person, and mail surveys. CSC is committed to providing high quality survey data collection to the campus community, city and state agencies, and other regional and national clients.
- Administer telephone surveys in a standardized way to ensure that information is recorded correctly
- Enlist and motivate respondents to provide complete and accurate answers
- Maintain respondents’ confidentiality
- Utilize computer-assisted telephone interviewing software (CATI) to collect data
- Operate manual and/or automated telephone dialing equipment
- Notify Call Center Shift Leader of any problems that may affect the survey process or the quality of the results
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent reading and verbal skills, including a clear speaking voice and ability to deliver questions in a uniform way
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work long hours and on a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends
- Ability to consistently conduct one’s self in a pleasant manner in the work place
- Typing skills (20-35 WPM)
- Previous experience in survey research or customer service in a call center environment
- Survey Interviewer positions are part-time on an as-needed/on-call basis with a starting wage of $9.35 per hour.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) interviewers will receive higher compensation for interviews conducted in Spanish.
All hires are temporary and part time. Experience and flexibility strongly preferred. Apply here.